Your First Choice In OB GYN
Gynaecology is the practice and study of medicine which deals with the reproductive system, its functions and diseases. Dr Belete is an experienced gynecologist, who not only exudes confidence and professionalism, but compassion and understanding. At Dr Belete Woldu, we deal with all types of gynaecological needs, and have the solutions you are looking for.
On the Obstetrics side of our practice, we are fully equipped to deal with childbirth and midwifery at all required levels our patients may need.
Dr Belete Woldu is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist in private practice.
At Dr Belete Woldu’s practice, we strive towards giving you quality care through evidence based practice at medical aid rates. We offer comprehensive obstetric and emergency care from time of planning your pregnancy (pre-conception counselling and testing). Prenatal care through all stages of your pregnancy to delivery of your baby and to 6 weeks post-delivery monitoring pregnancy and assisting with delivery plans.
- We offer comprehensive obstetric and emergency care from time of planning your pregnancy (pre-conception counselling and testing).
- Prenatal care through all stages of your pregnancy to delivery of your baby and to 6 weeks post-delivery monitoring pregnancy and assisting with delivery plans.
- Monitoring the progress of labour and conducting the actual birth, managing pain during labour.
- Co-ordinating a multi-disciplinary team such as paediatrician, anaesthetic theatre staff if caesarean birth is decided on.
- Getting you and your partner involved in the entire care from beginning to end.
Services offered include but not limited to:
- Obstetrics (pregnancy and child birth)
- Pre-pregnancy, risk assessment, testing and counselling
- Confirmation of pregnancy and monitoring of your baby’s growth and wellbeing. Detection and treatment of complications
- Planning of your delivery (both normal birth and caesarean section)
- Conducting your delivery and managing your pain during child birth
- Post-delivery care and support up to six weeks after you give birth including contraceptive counselling
Gynaecology (Women’s health problems)
- Preventing gynaecological cancers through education and screening
- Treatment of pelvic infections
- Treatment of pelvic mass (growth)
- Treatment of pelvic pain and menstrual problems
- Provision of contraception counselling, insertion and removal of contraceptive devices
- Assessment and investigation of infertility
- Assessment and treatment of pelvic organ prolapse
- Treatment of menopausal symptoms
Q: How often should I visit the Gynaecologist?
A: At least once a year
Q: What should I expect from my visit?
Q: Do I need to visit a Gynaecologist if I am not sexually active?
A: A lot of women wait until they are sexually active before visiting the gynaecologist, but it is recommended not to wait.
Q: What do I need to bring when visiting the Gynaecologist?
A: Just yourself and questions that you may have.